Resolved work 2 -- first self-initiated project
Modern artworks demonstrate its creativity, diversity and conceptuality largely based on the multimedia available now thanks to the technological development. With the advent of smart phone, single lense high quality images are ubiquitous, but gradually filled with vulgarity due to the overuse of modification methods to remove the imperfection from the images. Do we still know how we really look like?
Should I believe that this is how my partner and I look like? I've never seen such faces of us. But they are scanned and produced from a printer, which has the high credibility of replication and authenticity. Are the figures produced from the printer are more real than those that I observed through my bare eyes?
There are more meanings in this work beyond the reflection of the originality of our facial presentations. In order to optimize the effects of photocopying images, it has to be conducted in an absolutely dark environment. Does it take any courage to be explosed in the utter darkness? It is always a great temptation to think that darkness created infinite possibility of imagination. In my works, the audience might even have no idea whether these two figures are alive or dead since it provides a sheer uncanny atmosphere completely disconnected from the reality. I also believe that darkness is essentially related to the truths since the key to secret is always embedded in the unknown, unexplorable and enigmatic darkness.

Comments
Post a Comment